Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Trickle of Stones

Okay, so my participation in A River of Stones was not as robust as I'd intended. I've never been more glad to see the back end of a month as I am to see that of January. I'm hoping February is a touch kinder. I could use some breathing room.

I did River posts when I could, sometimes tossed them onto Twitter, but basically didn't kick myself for missing a day. I had my doubts I could produce one every day even before I started. I'm pleased with what I did accomplish, and am moving right along into the next challenge.

Speaking of which, I got off to an inauspicious start yesterday. I spent a couple hours putting the current manuscript for "The Rise of Umbra" in my new Beta copy of Scrivener for Windows (c'mon, Scrivener people, build us a Linux version!) but failed to get any new words written for it. Overall, I like Scrivener. It has a few ugly spots (like document importing), but overall I think I slightly prefer it to Writer's Cafe at the moment. Scrivener for Windows is a beta release, though, so I'm not judging it too harshly. If I'd thought of it, I'd have taken a screenshot to put in here, but I may do a more formal review of Scrivener later, so I can do it then.

February challenge:
Day One: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment