Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Video Thursday: Waking Up Tired

I don't know for certain if it's the humidity, but lately I've had more days than usual where I get up in the morning and I'm just exhausted. Not in a 'I need more sleep' kind of way, but just a general feeling of a weight on my back, pressing down on me and slowing down everything I do. Caffeine doesn't seem to have as much of an effect as it once did. My morning tea, still welcome, is less of a pick-me-up than it used to be. My mind feels sluggish, and as I write this I hope it's coherent and not repetitive.

It's Video Thursday, and that means I can toss a video in here instead of writing another couple hundred words. As luck would have it, I don't need to go far for the video that's perfect for this topic: the Hoodoo Gurus' "Waking Up Tired". The song rarely fails to get me started, though it's working uphill today. The video itself is not famously interesting, I must say. But it's worth it for the song, which remains one of my favourite Gurus' songs. The Hoodoo Gurus are a defunct Australian rock band who were most popular in the 1980s. Their bassist, Rick Grossman, paired up with the drummer of the now-defunct Midnight Oil, Rob Hirst, to form Ghostwriters, another excellent Aussie band.



No comments:

Post a Comment