Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Friday, May 7, 2010

The Brutal Side of Nature


I had written Thursday's post with the intention that the family of robins not take over this blog, but this update bears sharing: At least one of the robins seems to have met with a grisly end overnight. I found several flight feathers in the nest as well as some of the downier ones scattered about. No sign of a parent bird near the nest.

So nature takes its course, but I'm saddened - I'd hoped, as I mentioned yesterday, to watch the little birds grow. Now there are three abandoned eggs in the nest which will never hatch.

The upside is that my porch is now my own again. It's a small consolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment