Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Video Thursday: Ten Rules of Life

I realised I haven't featured the videos of the wonderful willowing here yet. I discovered her YouTube videos last year and she's been responsible for some personal insights as well as the purchase of a lot of art materials (that I otherwise wouldn't have tried out). Willowing is a carefree, creative, loving artist whose videos never fail to inspire me or boost my self-esteem. Because, as I've said here, it's okay to make crappy art/writing/etc. The point is to do it. If it feels good moving through you, it doesn't matter if The World thinks it's good. Anybody who'd come right out and tell you your work sucks isn't worth your time anyhow. So there.



I think I might do some art today. It's been a while. I should crack out the watercolour crayons and have some fun. Why don't you give your artistic side a few minutes to play today? Sketch, doodle, paint if you have the time. Just grab some crayons and go to town. Boss being annoying? Pick up some crayons and draw what a big goofy-head s/he is. At home. Where it's safe. Traffic evil? Draw a satellite blowing up all the speeders and lane-jumpers and tailgaters. Bzz-B-DAM! Behold my crappy five-minute Gimp sketch! Imagine what fun you can have with real crayons (I can smell them in my mind... mmm, crayons...) and paper! You could even colour in the cars, which I neglected to do. You have the power. Use it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment