Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year In Review: Writing Rhythms

What did you learn about your writing rhythms: time of day to write, managing procrastination, how and when to revise, making use of slim margins of time, etc.?

Having spent the year writing (mostly) every day in this blog, I've learned I'm a morning writer. Setting a schedule and making it rote has helped me keep from procrastinating too much. For my blog, I revise right after I write. Not a lot of revision has gone on elsewhere. I've also realised I can put out eight hundred words in fifteen minutes if I put my mind to it. If I allow myself to ramble on about nothing for a couple minutes, it gets the flow started and then I just let it pour out onto the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment