Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Year In Review: Nurturing the Self

How did you nurture and sustain your well being–in mind, body, spirit?

Perhaps not so well as I'd have liked. I've left off some of the things I used to do that helped center me, such as meditation, yoga, and Morning Pages. I don't read so much any more. I get my head in the computer way too much. But I've tried to do the little things: being aware, noticing things, enjoying individual moments and people and places to the best of my ability. Really experiencing the beauty of a sunset, or the tiny miracle of the little songbirds outside my window; the sound of my cat's purr or the soft feel of her toepads, has helped me remember that this world is full of wonder and given me something to hold up against the periodic darkness that settles down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment