Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Friday, November 19, 2010

When I make up for lost words, I don't fool around!

I'm proud to announce I've just written 4385 words today! I did nine sprints and spent about two hours actual butt-in-chair writing time, which is 36 words written a minute or 2192 words per hour. Some very interesting things are happening with the plot, which seems to be rolling along now of its own accord. Lessons: when in doubt, switch to another group of malcontents citizens. Create AIs. Let them run. Let people be jerks. Let nice people get the short end of the stick.

Now I'm ahead again, though I'll have to turn up Saturday for a standard day of writing (plus a half, I think - my brain is too toasted to do math any more today) if I want to take Sunday off to watch football.

Note to self: don't get that far behind again. Ow. Yay, but ... ow. And now, collapse time. Or dinner. One or the other. Maybe both. But not at once. Okay, shutting up with the random rambling now.

No comments:

Post a Comment