Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Getting My Groove Back

I'm finding it hard to find something to write about this morning. I keep wandering off, getting distracted by things that can wait until later.

Cup of tea number two is steeping and I'm no closer to having a coherent post for the day. I hope you folks won't mind if I toss this scratch up onto the blog this morning. I think it's important to see the days when I'm not on my mark as well as the ones when I am.

When I started this blog, my posts were better, I feel. More interesting, written better, etc. Recently I think I've lost a lot of that. I'm not sure where it's gone, but I'm going on a hunt for it.

Christine Kane writes about momentum loss and offers tips on how to get it back in her blog.
When we’re using “momentum” as an excuse, we can pretty much be certain that we’ve fallen into the Momentum Trap – which is just another snarky perfectionist voice that convinces us to stay exactly where we are mostly to avoid feeling uncomfortable again.

Kane advises starting small and not worrying about trying to leap back in exactly where you were when you lost your momentum. That's what I'm going to do.

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be bringing over a few of my posts from the VOX blog that I didn't import when I set up here on Blogger. I'll also be analysing them for their strengths and comparing them to my recent posts. But most of all I'll be writing every day again. I have a lot of projects in that field, not to mention the other everyday things and other stressors I have to deal with. It's hard not to feel overwhelmed. I'm going to take things one step at a time and do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment