Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Friday, June 18, 2010

June, come back!

June is halfway over already. I feel like it just started. Monday marks the Summer Solstice, after which the days will begin to get shorter again. I tend to celebrate the Winter Solstice because it means the days are going to get longer, leading us out of the dreaded cold of winter. But I'm trying not to think too much about the Summer Solstice. I love summer, and I don't want to see it go away too soon. A lot of my days have been going by too fast lately.

As I mentioned previously, I'd meant to put up a large post in several parts this week, but it kind of got away from me. The topic was outlining, based on knowledge gleaned from Jon Franklin's Writing For Story, which I got at the library's book sale a month or so ago. I found as I was writing the post that, instead of just jumping in, I'd better read the whole chapter before trying to utilise advice based on its content. I'm still going to put that article up here, but it may take a bit longer than I originally anticipated.

The deadline for Toasted Cheese's Midsummer Tale contest is fast approaching and I have nothing to submit for it yet. I'll have to go back to my notes and see if I can put something together this weekend.

Qarrtsiluni's journal is seeking submissions for this month. Their deadline is June 30th. I hope to submit to them as well.



1 comment:

  1. There's definitely never enough time! Maybe less sunlight may lead to more time inside writing? ;)

    ReplyDelete