Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Editing. More. Again. Repeated.

A few months back I volunteered to help Johnn Four with some edting on his Roleplaying Tips Newsletter. He responded that he had received a lot of offers and had selected someone, but that he would keep me in mind for the future. Sunday I received an e-mail from Johnn. He needs someone to edit and proofread an article and he offered it to me! This is, as I said, a volunteer gig, but it's an opportunity to show my stuff, as well as a feather in my writing/editing cap. I've got until June 4th to finish it up. I'll carve out some time this week to take an in-depth look at the article he sent me.

What I haven't done is pick up my manuscript for editing. The deadline is steadily approaching, and I have to carve out some time for that, too, before it's too late. There's a reminder on the desktop of a VirtualBox Kubuntu install, because KDE 4.4 has, among its nifty new Widgets, a countdown Widget that spans more than 24 hours. But I don't run that every day, so I don't always see what it says. Right now it says 66 days, 5 hours.

I'd better get a move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment