Writing is easy: All you do is sit staring at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead. -- Gene Fowler

Monday, February 22, 2010

Moleskine love:MSK templates

You may know that I love Moleskine journals. I love the cream-coloured paper, thin but strong, able to leap tall buildings in a single ... no, wait... able to resist all but the heaviest of inks. There, yes.

I've recently thought, particularly while I was working with my guitar last weekend, 'Wouldn't it be nice to be able to have a few sheets of music staff paper in my regular Moleskine notebook?' Moleskine makes a notebook filled with staff paper, but really, I don't need a whole notebook of it. I only rarely work with music in that way, but it'd be nice to be able to jot down what I perceive to be the notes floating around in my head when they appear.

Now I can. Moleskine now has a feature called MSK, where you can print out individual sheets of gridded, lined, music, and a few other kinds of papers, and put them in your notebook. You can also make your own MSK from your contacts or calendar, or by typing stuff in and adding a picture, if you like. Take a look:



But that's not the coolest part. Let me tell you about the coolest part. The coolest part is: you can make MSKs out of your blog entries. Think about that: you could take your favourite posts from Drops of Blood On My Forehead (assuming you have any, and I do hope you do!) and print them out and take them along in your Moleskine (or similar notebook). How awesome is that?

Unfortunately I haven't quite worked out the details of having a printable post appear every time I post... yet. Hopefully people on the Blogger Forum will be able to throw me a bone on that account.

No comments:

Post a Comment